Sunday 23 November 2008

Who'd'a thunk it?


grown up eating
Originally uploaded by Crit Chicken
Erik, at 5½ months is ready for solids. For a couple of weeks now, whenever we eat in front of him he watches the passage of food to mouth, and drools, and chews experimentally. So today I decided it was time to start. I think he enjoyed it, he ate most of the rice cereal I made up, some went on his hands and face, but not too much, and he even opened his mouth for the spoon after the first couple of goes. Let's hope he proves to be more interested in food than his big brother.

D'Arcy has been saying he just wnts to "get it over with' in terms of his dentistry, which is an interesting attitude. I keep reminding him it's only 2 weeks away. Perhaps it's because I've promised him some new Pokemon cards for his recovery phase.

The beloved came home from his 2½ week trip to the US and Erik cried when he saw him. A lot. It only took about 15 mins for him to be happy again though. My mum came over and told the story of when she went to hospital for 2 weeks (when I was 18 mths) and for some reason decided that it would be less traumatic if I didn't visit her there, so when she came home I didn't know her, and ran away. I guess there's a lesson in that.

1 comment:

Ampersand Duck said...

I've only just caught up with D's dental issues -- best of luck! Poor kid. I guess it will scare him into a flawless dental routine, though, which is probably an up-side.