Wednesday 12 November 2008

Most excellent birthday present

We finally got around to opening the rest of D'Arcy's birthday presents last week. These were from a girl friend of his, and while he wasn't particularly thrilled ("oh, books" just like his bloody father in that respect!) I could hardly contain myself. I haven't read any of the #1 Ladies, but they are on my "must get to" list. D'Arcy was convinced to start Akimbo and the Elephants the other day and read it to my mum. She observed, as I have, that he reads aloud with no expression whatsoever. I'm trying to remember if this is normal or not.

Erik has a new chair to sit at/on the table with, which he hates, as he does with anything new, but we're persevering. Pic on Flickr. screaming now, must feed. Bye.

4 comments:

Eric TF Bat said...

If the Elder Daughter of DOOOOM is anything to go by, expressionless reading and a general lack of interest in books is perfectly normal, and is no predictor of future behaviour. EDoD has a marked negative attitude toward reading for a long time, and then something went click and she turned into a bigger bookworm than either of her parents, which has to be some kind of world record.

Mummy/Crit said...

Hey, well, that is good news. I was reading with the kids in D's class before Erik was born, but haven't done much of that lately, so I don't have a cohort to gauge with.

Michelle said...

Those are great gifts! I loved the Mma Ramotswe books - you will too, I reckon!

Mummy/Crit said...

I hope so, if I ever get around to them. My reading time is seriously curtailed right now. E won't let me read while I feed him and in the evenings, I'm just too buggered to read!