Sunday 12 October 2008

It's been eight days now

Some of you may know that when a baby is fully breastfed they can go for some time between poos. In some ways this is good and convenient (fewer nappy changes in general and much easier to deal with). In others it's a real pain in the arse (so to speak). It seems that as the time period between grows longer, Erik gets progressively more cranky, and sleeps less. The overall effect of this on you is that I blog less. Sorry. Yes, it was all just an apology post. I fiinally managed to put some photos up on Flickr yesterday, and am today managing to write a post. Kind of. See, I don't get to sleep during the day when E is cranky, and he also sleeps less at night, keeping me awake more. It's not a very sensible strategy from an evolutionary point of view is it?

On the developmental side of things, Erik has started to reach for things and shove them in his mouth, which is very cute. His grandma Joyce is having a lovely time (he's her only grandchild) and this is her first time out here. We've been spending lots of time in cafes (as you'll see if you look at the flickr pics) which seems to work out fairly well for everyone.

I've just bought a new baby carrier for Erik. It's an Ergo, and it's more comfortable than the previous options I had. I expect I'll be using it later today when we go to meet our friends Trish and Andrew who are in town.

D'Arcy is still enjoying his brother most of the time, he's got school this week, after some holidays, and he's looking forward to his birthday, which is coming up soon!

No comments: